Accepting School Funding
Once you’ve sent applications for school funding and effectively cleared all holds, a notification will be delivered to your Panther Mail and MyFIU account to accept/decline your educational funding. This school funding notification is sent out no sooner than June of each and every year for present pupils. Follow these actions to simply accept your school funding:
- Login to MyFIU. See Access MyFIU for assistance.
- Find the ‘Financial Aid’ tile.
- Decide on a from the ‘aid 12 months’ line into the table year.
- Review all eligibility demands for every product you accept by pressing the connected item title. Grants and scholarships are immediately accepted that you accept or decline for you, but loans require.
- Loan recipients should accept just the loan amount required to pay money for academic costs. See getting Loans for more info.
- To simply accept or decrease a individual item, find the package under ‘Accept’ or ‘Decline’ line. To simply accept or drop the whole package, simply click on ‘Accept All’ or ‘Decline All’ buttons.
- Verify options by pressing ‘Submit.’
- Some products may instruct you to definitely finish documents that are additional. Check out the demands for the school funding system.
Educational Funding Process
The assist you accept here is considered pending help. Pending help is almost certainly not the amount that is actual get upon disbursement. The Financial Aid workplace may make modifications occasionally whilst the start of semester approaches or thereafter.
The essential reasons that are common an modification include modifications to:
- Enrollment which reduces the expense of attendance
- Residency status
- Housing arrangements
- Satisfactory Academic Progress status
- Extra the aid of other sources all things considered other help happens to be disbursed (including tuition waivers, assistantships and fellowships)
- Inaccuracies within the information about which your aid that is financial is